Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
Annual ACATO Convention
The 2021 ACATO Convention was held Thursday, August 12 at the Baja Grill/Fox Chapel Yacht Club! Photos coming soon!
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
Board of Directors
- President Albert Kaan of Indiana
- First Vice President Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Charles M. Means, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- Skip Allen of Richland Township
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Michael J. Dennehy of Pine Township
- Bob Doddato of North Fayette
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay Township
- Herb Hartle of Ohio Township
- Harry Lenhart of Harmar Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township
- Michael Peters of Hampton Township
- Al Quaye of Moon Township
- Jean-Sebastien Valois of Kilbuck Township
- Ed Snee of South Park Township