Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
Annual ACATO Convention
The 2022 ACATO Convention was held on August 11 at the Montour Heights Country Club. This event is held yearly to recognize the transition of leadership as well as to welcome educational speakers and celebrate another successful year for the Association. The ACATO Board of Directors would like to thank Senator Devlin Robinson for attending as well as the many special guests, speakers, advertisers and sponsors. Click here to view the event photo album.
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
Board of Directors
- President Skip Allen of Richland
- First Vice President, Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Second Vice President, Brian Lucot of South Park
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Emily Mueller, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Bob Doddato of North Fayette
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay Township
- Al Kaan of Indiana Township
- Harry Lenhart of Harmar Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township
- Michael Peters of Hampton Township
- Al Quaye of Moon Township
- Jean-Sebastien Valois of Kilbuck Township
- Pat Avolio of Pine Township