Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
Annual ACATO Convention
The 2022 ACATO Convention will be held on August 11 at the Montour Heights Country Club. This event is held yearly to recognize the transition of leadership as well as to welcome educational speakers and celebrate another successful year for the Association. Visit this page for details and registration.
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
Board of Directors
- President Albert Kaan of Indiana
- First Vice President, Skip Allen of Richland Townshp
- Second Vice President Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Emily Mueller, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Bob Doddato of North Fayette
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay Township
- Harry Lenhart of Harmar Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township
- Michael Peters of Hampton Township
- Al Quaye of Moon Township
- Jean-Sebastien Valois of Kilbuck Township
- Brian Lucot of South Park Township
- Pat Avolio of Pine Township