Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
Annual ACATO Convention
Save the Date for more information about the 2021 ACATO Convention!
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
Board of Directors
- President Albert Kaan of Indiana
- First Vice President Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Charles M. Means, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- Skip Allen of Richland Township
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Michael J. Dennehy of Pine Township
- Bob Doddato of North Fayette
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay Township
- Herb Hartle of Ohio Township
- Harry Lenhart of Harmar Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township
- Michael Peters of Hampton Township
- Al Quaye of Moon Township
- Jean-Sebastien Valois of Kilbuck Township
- Ed Snee of South Park Township