Website Township of Pine
The Township of Pine seeks a professionally accomplished individual to fill the position of Director of Finance. The job necessitates a financially skilled and experienced candidate to manage, oversee, develop, and report all financial, budgetary, and fund accounting activities for our municipality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead, maintain, and develop the Township’s Finance Department .
- Manage, administer, and accurately report all financial activities, including record keeping, payment of expenses, revenue recording, financial reporting, capital assets, and annual budget tracking in accordance with GASB and GAAP requirements.
- Prepare the monthly Financial Statement, financial analysis of budgetary trends, and strategic financial planning options for the Board of Supervisors and the Township Manager.
- Research and prepare annual Resolutions needed to support Township financial activities.
- Track capital assets and provide financial projections for capital replacement schedule.
- Administer, develop, and implement departmental operations, internal controls, and policies or procedures to support financial transactions and maintain audit compliance.
- Responsible for financial software, updates, and required staff training.
- Prepares and oversees the financial reporting for the regional police and volunteer fire departments
- Responsible for annual Township, State, or Federal audits as necessary.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, public administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of governmental financial accounting, managerial, technical, or fund accounting experience with financial reporting.
- Ability to qualify for surety bonding
- CPA preferred but not required
- Excellent computer aptitude and knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please upload cover letter, resume, and salary expectations by December 2, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit twppinepa.isolvedhire.com.