While our communities are faced with decisions that will have a lasting impact, Local Government Academy, in partnership with the Allegheny League of Municipalities, is excited to announce a Summer Workshop Series to offer guidance to local governments in the age of COVID-19.
The Summer Workshop Series is a valuable professional development opportunity for local government officials and staff. Join us to hear credentialed professionals explain the complexities associated with recent legislation, subject matter experts who will share techniques to assess financial impacts, and more!
Summer Workshop Series topics are subject to change and details for classes will be updated as they become available. All workshops will begin at 2:00 PM on the date noted below:
- Coronavirus Pandemic Labor and Employment Issues – Thursday, June 4th
- CARES Act and Stimulus Implications for Municipalities – Thursday, June 11th
- Revenue and Expenditure Impact on Short/Long Term Financial Planning – Thursday, June 18th
- Market Outlook & Best Practices for Retirement Plans in Challenging Times – Thursday, June 25th
- Supervisor and Management Training – Thursday, July 2nd
- The Changing Face of your Municipal and School District Operations – COVID -19’s Lasting Impact – Thursday, July 9th
- DCED – Municipal Impacts: Allegheny County – Thursday, July 16th
- DCED – Municipal Impacts: SWPA – Thursday, July 23rd
- Social Media Best Practices – Thursday, July 30th
- Budgeting for Blight – Thursday, August 6th
- Delinquent tax & municipal claim collection issues – Thursday, August 13th
- Harassment in the Municipal and School District Environment – Thursday, August 20th
Registration for all upcoming webinars can be found by clicking here.