As part of ALOM’s mission to foster local government, the association is pleased to present a number of upcoming opportunities to deliver education and professional development to local elected and appointed officials.
Benefits Seminar – September 27
In partnership with Rhoades Law and Municipal Benefits Services (MBS), ALOM will be sponsoring a FREE seminar designed to assist you with the administration of employee benefits. This is a great opportunity for elected and appointed officials to attend alongside their plan advisors and solicitors to discuss best practices in the delivery of government benefits.
Additionally, this fulfills the Banner Community Program requirement of meeting at least annually with retirement plan advisor.
Event Details – 2019 Benefits Seminar “Absolute Best Benefits”
- Friday, September 27 – 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Continental breakfast included
- Registration 7:30 a.m. – presentations begin promptly at 8:15 a.m.
- Cranberry Highlands Clubhouse – 5601 Freshcorn Rd, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
- Absolute Best Benefits Topics Include:
- Latest Legal Cases and Social Investing Trends
- Pension Actuarial Reports Translated
- Health Care: Highmark-UPMC deal AND Best Practices for utilizing HRA/HSA in benefits administration
- Critical Investment Topics: Allocating to Bonds, Discretionary Management and Co-fiduciary Status
- This event qualifies for continuing CLE education credits
Women in Leadership Networking Event – October 15
- Tuesday, October 15 – Grand Concourse
- 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Event includes 2 drinks and hors d’oeuvres
Public Works Seminar – October 24
ALOM has partnered with Gateway Engineers to provide a FREE Public Works Seminar for all of our member municipalities and authorities.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Registration and continental breakfast – 8:00 a.m.
- Sessions begin – 9:00a.m. – Buffet Lunch – 12:00p.m. – Conclusion of event – 3:00p.m.
- Comfort Inn – RIDC Park – 180 Gamma Dr Building A, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Fulfill O&M Plan and MS4 Permit Training Requirements by attending this FREE event! Certificates of completion will be provided.
Morning – Operations & Maintenance Plan Focus:
- Source Reduction / Imminent Consent Order
- O&M Related to Significant Storm Events
- Sanitary System Panel Discussion
Afternoon – MS4 Permit Focus:
- MS4 Permit and PRP Compliance
- GIS Tracking for MS4 Tasks
- Stormwater System Panel Discussion