Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
ACATO News and Info
2018 ACATO Convention
The 2018 ACATO Convention was held on Thursday, May 3 at Pittsburgh Botanic Gardens. The event is held yearly to recognize the transition of leadership as well as to welcome educational speakers and celebrate another successful year for the Association. Thank you to the over 50 guests who attended as well as the sponsors and guest speakers! Click here to view the event photos.
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
ACATO Board of Directors
- President Bob Dodatto of North Fayette
- First Vice President Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Second Vice President Albert Kaan of Indiana
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Charles M. Means, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- Skip Allen of Richland Township
- Dave Bachman of Richland Township
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Michael J. Dennehy of Pine Township
- Richard Dunlap of Hampton Township
- Patricia Janoski of Harmar Township
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay pownship
- Herb Hartle of Ohio Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township