Allegheny County Association of Township Officials (ACATO)
ACATO News and Info
2018 ACATO Convention
The 2018 ACATO Convention will take place on Thursday, May 3 at Pittsburgh Botanic Gardens. The event is held yearly to recognize the transition of leadership as well as to welcome educational speakers and celebrate another successful year for the Association. Tickets are $50, and Hospitality Sponsorship’s are also available.
Click here for a hard copy sponsorship purchase form.
Recent Legislative Action
The Board of Directors of ACATO met and sponsored resolutions – indicating the wish of the collective, which are outlined below and were communicated to local legislators:
- Opposition to proposed expansion of land banks, as multiple municipal entities in Allegheny County have successfully formed a land bank under existing law.
- Opposition to legislation that would strip municipalities of their legal authority to regulate wireless facilities.
- Seeking legislation to clarify that lending institutions have a vested right in any property for which they hold a mortgage and therefore can be held responsible for the maintenance of the property.
- Opposition to legislation requiring municipalities to allow officers who previously were employed by other entities to “buy back” time.
ACATO Board of Directors
- President Jean-Sebastien Valois of Kilbuck
- First Vice President Bob Dodatto of North Fayette
- Second Vice President Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer
- Secretary/Treasurer Jason Davidek of ALOM
- Solicitor Charles M. Means, Esq.
Members of the Board:
- Skip Allen of Richland Township
- Dave Bachman of Richland Township
- Dave Buchewicz of South Park
- William J. Creevey of Frazer Township
- Michael J. Dennehy of Pine Township
- Thomas Gallant of Findlay Township
- Herb Hartle of Ohio Township
- Shirley Hollibaugh of West Deer Township
- Patricia Janoski of Harmar Township
- Thomas Madigan of Marshall Township
- Peter Russ of Hampton